Join Our Team
The Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel seeks a Director of IT who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating the ultimate service experience. We are looking for someone with excitement and dedication in serving our guests. Satisfying our guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance.
Located at the intersection of Wilshire and Rodeo, an international cast of personalities comes together amid urban buzz, Hollywood glamour and a sophisticated California vibe. Become part of a iconic hotel of the Four Seasons Portfolio. Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion for providing above and beyond guest experiences. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests.
The Director of IT is responsible for providing a high level of operational availability and stability for both standard and hospitality specific systems, networks, and applications. The role also entails providing a superior level of IT support services to guests and staff as well as ensuring 24 hour coverage for maintenance and critical support – either on site or remotely – depending on business needs. The Director of IT reports to the Director of Finance and Area Director of Hotel Technology Services and may have other hotel based IT staff reporting to him or her.
Responsibilities include to:
. Ensure critical systems, specifically Front Office Property Management System, Call Accounting, HSIA, PABX and Food & Beverage Point of Sales computer systems are available twenty-four (24) hours per day.
· Establish and maintain user procedures and hardware familiarization for all systems.
· Establish and maintain system security procedures consistent with control requirements and corporate policy.
· Maintain accurate records of system files; software and hardware issues and service requirements.
· Maintain effective support for end user support process, other systems, including back office, sales & catering and human resources applications or any other property application.
· Knowledge of specific hospitality industry applications and interfaces (i.e. Opera, Delphi, Back Office, Spa, HR systems, etc) is desirable.
· Responsible for network support & security of Hotel network, Active Directory maintenance, Server Infrastructure maintenance, Network Infrastructure maintenance – wired & wireless, Network protection & failover tools implementation (Firewall, web security, multi-homing devices, etc).
Administer Lotus Notes, connection to global VPN and other communication tools
· Establish and maintain, test and monitor backup plan for all systems to ensure protection from loss of data and ensure backups are carried out in accordance with corporate and local policies.
· Maintain and promote Four Seasons core technology standards as outlined in the Four Seasons IT Core Standards notes database.
· Assist the Director of Finance in administering all IT related maintenance and services contracts and take a leadership role in establishing scope of the maintenance and services contracts, contract negotiations and bidding process.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
Proven leadership skills in a Hotel environment
Highest level of integrity and transparency
Strong interpersonal and relationship- building skills and a team player with high energy levels to work with cross-functional teams, negotiate for resources and influence stakeholders
Strong written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver reports,
projects, effective presentations and facilitate meetings
Strong problem-solving, decision-making, conflict-resolution and strategic-thinking skills
Promote a continuous learning environment that creates an atmosphere for professional development opportunities
Apply an ethical approach to influence the outcome of situations
Serve as a role model for others by demonstrating appropriate business conduct
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
University or College degree – major in IT
Five years experience in hotel IT
Worked in a hotel environment during your professional career
Technical background of MCSE Certifications, and strong computer and server skills based on Microsoft operating systems and applications
IT degree or have previous relevant experience and certifications
Extensive project management
Exceptional time management
FOUR SEASONS HOTELS & RESORTS
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
Tweets by FourSeasonsJobs
WHAT TO EXPECT
Energizing Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
Comprehensive learning and development programs to help you master your craft.
Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and Retirement Plan) as well as Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
Inclusive and diverse employee engagement & recognition events all year-round.
Exclusive discount and travel programs with Four Seasons
Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms & Employee Meals
And so much more!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ‘EEOC is The Law’ Information poster please visit this website – http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
******Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.*****
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Leave a Reply