JOB CODE: ACH Operations Technician II
DEPARTMENT: Payment Operations
JOB CODE: 1514
Communicates and interacts with members and branch/department personnel to provide assistance on all ACH & Checking Operations related matters to ensure credit union strategic goals are met. Prepares and processes checking account product, service information and monetary transactions to ensure accurate, timely and efficient member service levels.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Reconcile and balance daily work related to ACH/Payroll and automatic transfer processing.
2. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
3. Identify, investigate and respond to and/or resolve member/branch problems and complaints and report/escalate any potential issues that may affect system integrity or members satisfaction timely.
4. Monitor and comply with all established internal audit, security and credit union rules, regulations and departmental procedures.
5. Prepare statistical information for Management.
6. Communicate to appropriate staff of potential fraud/forgery cases.
7. Review and/or process work as it relates to ACH or DBO processing.
8. Review and/or process work as it relates to automatic internal and external transfers and various payrolls
9. Review and/or process work as it relates to Check by Phone payments or reversal or recalculation of payment entries.
10. Review and/or process work as it relates to Recalls or Government Reclamations.
11. Review and/or process work as it relates to OFAC Screening.
12. Assist with any system validation.
13. Support branch/department staff entering wire activity to ensure that wire entry is correct. Assist in processing/balancing incoming and outgoing wire activity. Ensure the processing deadlines are met.
14. Assist other departments as required.
15. Perform other duties or special requests assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: Branches, Departments, Data Center
2. EXTERNAL: Members, government, payroll agencies, Federal Reserve, vendors
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: One year or more experience at a financial institution preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Professional member relations skills & telephone etiquette
Personal computer skills
Ability to work as part of a team
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
Leave a Reply