This is a hybrid position, work at home a few days and work at the office a few days (must be able to commute to the office in Dublin, CA)
The role of the Purchasing Agent is to purchase materials for retail Store Projects including new stores, remodels and expansions, department expansions, refurbishment projects and resets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Procures in-store retail fixtures, signage, and materials for Store Projects, Corporate Offices, and Distribution Centers at the lowest cost while ensuring highest quality, reliability, and urgency of need.
· Generates purchase orders, controls and monitors costs, develops good vendor relationships, resolves problems and disputes with vendors, and monitors the flow of goods.
· Assists with formulating strategy for annual bid process based on previous procedures and relative to increased number of Store Projects.
· Forecasts Store Project budgets by tracking monthly costs and comparing to current budget using Microsoft Excel. Communicates unexpected issues to Client in a timely manner.
· Collaborates with other departments and stores to advise best available product and pricing for needs.
· Analyzes and manages appropriate supply inventory levels allocated for Store Projects using PeopleSoft and Microsoft Excel.
· Expedites all purchase orders to ensure timely delivery and communicates with Store Project execution team.
· Interacts independently with vendors to resolve transactional issues on a daily basis to represent Client.
· Reviews and reconciles all invoices for supplies, equipment, and furniture in a timely fashion.
· Responds quickly to all inquiries and requests.
· Completes Special Projects as needed.
University degree in Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination and field experience require
Knowledge, skills and abilities
· Negotiation skills
· Financial and business acumen
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
· Customer service focused
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Integrity and confidentiality
· Adaptability and collaboration
· Demonstrated budgeting, planning, and organizational skills
· Highly motivated and take initiatives
· Comfortable with repetitive tasks and procedures
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
· Strong Experience with Microsoft Excel
· Moderate level budgeting and accounting
· Familiar with Access Databases
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
· Has experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PPT, Outlook, Excel)
· Purchasing Software experience required: (People Soft, Coupa, ARIBA)
Minimum of 3 years purchasing experience including prior management of vendor negotiation and bidding processes required.
Purchasing Agent works a standard work week.
* PRG expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of PRG employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. * PRG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PRG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. * This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. *Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) ** Drug-free Workplace Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.01 – $26.92 per hour
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Dublin, CA 94568: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Purchasing: 1 year (Required)
Negotiation: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location