Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Technician, Pipette Calibration
Under the direction of the Manager, Bio-Analytical Instrumentation, a Pipette Technician, organizes and provides all calibration, repair, preventative maintenance, and technical support for single channel, multi-channel, bottle top, Dilutor liquid handling devices. Ensures that monthly goals and objectives for each department are accomplished in accordance with the SOP. Will be the liaison with manufactures to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframes.
1. Provide calibration, repairs, and preventative maintenance to single channel, multi-channel, and repeater pipette device
2. Prompt identification of system problems and utilization of all available resources for timely resolutions
3. Maintain adequate parts inventory for instrument maintenance and repair.
4. Scope of work to include, but not limited to, Thermometer Calibration and other small metrology instruments
5. Work in an ISO structured environment. Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 17025, GMP, CAP
6. Liaison with manufactures to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframes
7. Attention to detail; work in a highly documented and controlled environment and keep a working knowledge of regulatory standards
8. Collect, compile, and measure data to support calibration traceability documentation/certificates
9. Understand and follow calibration SOP’s
10. Consistently meet deadlines
11. Mechanically inclined
12. Ability to work independently and well within a team environment
13. Ability to communicate and work effectively with departments
14. Travel less than 25% (Training classes if needed)
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Bachelor’s Degree or technical degree or an Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with at least 2 years’ relevant technical experience preferred
At least 18 months experience calibrating / validating and repairing single channel and multi-channel pipette, bottle tops/ Burettes, Dilutor, LVD’s and repeaters,
Knowledge of major manufactures and handheld liquid handling devices ability to performing preventative maintenance.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
This position requires both physical and mental demands that will include sitting for long periods of time and focusing on the task at hand.
Light lifting maybe required.
Ability to walk distances (large facility)
Technical Training or Professional Licensing
All certificates of completion from manufacture’s training
Computer stills and ability to learn new programs is a key component.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patients come first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. We have a large recognized brand; we offer flexibility and autonomy, great support, pay and benefits and a comprehensive training and onboarding program. All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Citizenship